Starts: 14-Oct-2018 07:00:PM
Ends: 14-Oct-2018 10:00:PM
Organizer Name: Craft Village
LAST DATE TO APPLY- 31ST AUGUST 2018
International Craft Awards (ICAs) brings on board the unexplored territories in the world craft traditions and unique narratives that have either been forgotten or have transformed into epics. One can’t separate a crafting tradition from the culture, heritage, art & local ethos that gives birth to that tradition. Last year the award celebrated the theme “One World, One Crafts” to bring the essence of global crafts to a single platform, and a meticulous Jury chose the most deserving candidates/organisation to be rewarded for their global excellence. Many of the International Craft Award winners later were awarded “Nari Shakti” award by President of India, demonstrating the need and want for an award with global perspective and sanctity.
This year ICA 2018, celebrates “World Culture & Crafts” through timeless narratives, which besides having aesthetic or functional value, brings the glorious tales hidden in each craft about the fascinating lives and inspirations of craftspeople and their traditions. This way the most important essence of crafts will be preserved and transferred to the next generation.
Craft sector, besides other industries, have been the largest source of employment in Creative Economy, offering livelihoods to millions of people. It has also been the largest revenue earner for many other countries, contributing to economies of scale in developed and emerging nations. These numbers show the tremendous creative & economic potential of the crafts sector in the world. This sector has also tirelessly and silently worked towards sustainable development, and has the know-how to lead the present-day dialogues around environmental concerns by offering timelessly tried techniques in sustainable fashion, sustainable arts and sustainable livelihoods.
The awards got prticipation from across the world from more than 30-countries and finalist from Nepal, Egypt, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, India, Serbia, South Africa, Hong Kong and many State Governments from India.
The Chief Guest for the International Craft Awards 2017 was Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Cabinet Minister for Women & Child Development, Govt. of India, and the esteemed jury members from across the world including Dr. Ghada Hijjawi Qaddumi, President, World Crafts Council-Asia Pacific Region, Padmashri Laila Tyabji, Founder, Dastkar & legendary craft activist, Padmashri S. Shakir Ali, Master Artist Indian Miniature Paintings, Dr. Himadri Ghosh, Director, BID and former academic head NID, Ahmedabad, Erroll Pires Nelson, Master of Camel Split Ply Braiding and Retd. NID Faculty, Ahemdabad, Manisha Jha, Brand Ambassador of Sante Fe Tribal Art festival, USA & the National Award Winner, J. Niranjan, President, Paramparik Karigar & Nantong International Award Winner, Dr. Fatina Saiklay, Founder and Director of Co-Creando & Sustainable Ideas Lab, Milan, Italy & Prof. Aftab Gharda, Former Director, BIAD, United Kingdom, Shri HKL Magu, Chairman, AEPC, Shri Rakesh Vaid, Sr Vice Chairman, AEPC, High Commissioners from Award winning countries, delegation from Punjab Government amongst many others
1. Khamir: Organization/Company for Sustainable Development of Craft Sector for the Year 2017
2. The Shrujan Trust: Organization/Company for Sustainable Development of Craft Sector for the Year 2017
3. BRAC-Aarong: Craft Brand for the Year 2017
4. SEWA Trade Faclitation Center: Organisation/Company for Business Development of Craft Sector for the Year 2017
5. Aranya Natural: Organisation/Company for Business Development of Craft Sector for the Year 2017
6. Aizhan Bekkulova: Craft Icon for the Year 2017
7. Tahany Elgendy: Craftswomen for the Year 2017
8. Khatri Abdul Jabbar: Craftsman for the Year 2017
9. Illangasinghe Dissanayake Rathnasiri: Craftsman for the Year 2017
10. Mahanthe Gamage Adheesha Chathuranga: Craftsman for the Year 2017
11. Harispaththuwale Gedara Nimal Karunathilake: Craftsman for the Year 2017
12. Marchyntia Dwiayu: Craft Designer of the Year 2017 (Gen-Next)\
13. Ranabhai Momu Rabari: Craftsman for the Year 2017
14. Pallav Chaudhary: Craft Designer of the Year 2017 (Gen-Next)
15. Bimla Dutta: Master Artisan (Female) for the Year 2017
16. N C Ayyappan: Master Artisan (Male) for the Year 2017
17. Lalita Vakil: Master Artisan (Female) for the Year 2017
18. Om Prakash Galav: Master Artisan (Male) for the Year 2017
19. Reetu Bala Garg (Govt. of Punjab): Contribution of Public Sector Employee towards Crafts for the Year 2017
20. Indian Institute of Craft & Design: Craft Institute/Academy of the Year 2017
ENTRY is only by Invitation!
Posted BY: AAO Backpackers Hostel Koramangala